Monday, January 16, 2012

I don't even know what I want to do with the oils, I just want to make them!

Oils

For quite a while now I have wanted to make oils. Problem is, when I stop to think about what kind of oils, or what I would use the oils for, I draw a blank. I just want to MAKE oils! I decided to start with something easy. I started with cooking oils. I heard or read somewhere about infused olive oil for cooking and decided to start with that.

I sautéed some peeled garlic and rosemary in olive oil and then poured it into an empty large vodka container that I had washed. I then (mostly) filled the container with our remaining olive oil, and it is currently sitting in my kitchen. My husband does most the cooking, so he will have to give me a review when he uses it. Normally he adds garlic and rosemary to things, so I thought it would be a good combo to start. It in no way looks as pretty as the picture I used but we shall see.

On to other oils. I was looking into base oils for things. What things? I don't know yet! I saw something about using baby oil as a base for massage oils; so I put some in a jar with my dried lemon verbena and some mint. Minty fresh massage oil? I don't know how it is going to turn out yet so we shall see!

I think my aim initially was to make my own essential oils. However, since that requires way more equipment then I have, I think I am going to try other ways to make aromatic oils. I still have no real idea about what I want to do with them, but that is the point right? Don't think about it just do it! Make oils! Figure out what to do with them later!

~Pohaku

No comments:

Post a Comment