Friday, January 20, 2012

Coconut Bowls update

Coconut bowls again!

There is a finish on one of the bowls! I decided with coconut oil for the finish on the bowls, for the exterior at least. I think they look rather nice! I was not too sure about just the oil as a finish so I am going to wait and see what it looks like after I let it dry a bit. 

I am still not too sure about what I am going to do with the inside of the bowls yet. I guess I need to decide if they have to be food safe or not. I am leaning to the "not" for personal use, but I could see how it would be cool to use them as bowls. Or as cups like they do at the Kava Bar. I am also going to try and find a few other big coconuts this weekend and start another pair. I would eventually like to put these up for sale but we shall see! 

I am also not sure I like the color of the insides. I am sure if I spent hours with the sand paper I could get a dark interior, but, to be honest, not sure my hands would like that too much. I may take some oil to the inside and see what it looks like, and how much it soaks up. 

Again I still have not decided yet, but I am proud of the progress! 

~Pohaku

No comments:

Post a Comment