Saturday, April 28, 2012

Look! I can make things!

I tried to make coconut oil again last night and ended up with something closer to coconut jello. FAIL!

But I did manage to make an enclosure for a little guy I found in the middle of the road!

Spike is an invasive Jackson's Chameleon and is now our personal little dinosaur!

We had a small terrarium that we were keeping geckos in on and off ( we have a history of catching scaly friends) and that was just too small.

So off to the hardware store we went! I would like to point out that the tools we have are the following
- hand saw
- hammer
- converting screw driver
- staple gun
- leather man
- wire cutters and wire shears

We used to have more but we didn't bring much when we moved. So with some lumber screen from a repair if some kitty damage and our minimal tools we made this!



We are not done yet but it is functional and Spike loves his new home! He went exploring ( screen is way better than glass! He can hold on to screen!) and us currently sitting on his big stick with his tail curled up!

I am feeling accomplished and wanted to share a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment